Per Diem Hospice Nurse Practitioner (150710)I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence -- that's how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Hospice Nurse Practitioner, you will:
* Gather clinical information to support the diagnosis and prognosis and provide these findings from the face to face encounter to the physician who is considering recertifying the patient.
* Attest to a face to face encounter being made and includes in the attestation: The beneficiary's name, the date of the encounter, the certification period dates, and that the clinical findings of that encounter have been provided to the certifying physician for use in determining continued eligibility for hospice care.
* Communicate clinical findings of the face to face encounter to the IDG for use in coordinating patient care.
* Provide care to patient when a need is identified during a face to face encounter.
* Document the clinical finding and care provided in the patient's medical record.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
* Masters of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
* Current Nurse Practitioner certification/license
* Minimum of two years Nurse Practitioner experience
* Nurse Practitioner specialty in Geriatrics, In-Home Care or Hospice preferred
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Independent decision making and self-motivation
* Working knowledge or understanding of palliative care techniques, Medicare regulations, home health regulations, and interdisciplinary process
Keywords: Girling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care ~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.