|Company||Toys "R" Us|
|Job Title||Warehouse Operations Team Member|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||Dependent on Experience|
703 Bartley-Chester Road
Flanders, NJ 07836
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 868 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the United States, and in more than 520 international stores and over 200 licensed stores in 33 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand's flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys"R"Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.
Handles the unloading of all cartons, store returns, palletizes cartons for store shipments, loads trailers to maximize cube, sorts cartons, which includes feeding and manual breakdown and operates various pieces of material handling equipment (MHE).
Description of duties and task essential job functions
- Open doors: Open and set dock and carrier doors to receive trailer, piggyback, containers or rail cars.
- Unload/Tally Merchandise: Unload trailers and keep accurate count of cartons received by vendor/SKN number.
- Label Cartons: Correctly label each carton or pallet with correct identification label.
- Verify Product: Operate VT/LRT terminals to assist in identification and receipt acknowledgment using keyboard/scanner.
- Build Pallet: When receiving, arrange and place cartons onto pallets to correct Ti x Hi specifications (pallet count). When picking, stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 6 ½ feet.
- Selects product from locations.
- Operates various types of MHE.
- Operates Radio Frequency (RF) equipment and computer for various functions.
- Responsible for Properly Stacking and Cubing Pallet (Manual Distribution Center only): Lift cartons off tray/chute, and stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 7 ½ feet. Pallet must be properly squared.
- Shrink Wrap/Tape all Completed Pallets: Secure pallets with shrink wrap/tape to keep cartons from falling while merchandise is being transported.
- Feed Cartons Onto Conveyor: Lift carton off pallet and place on appropriate power conveyor.
- Manually Push Cartons Onto Store Chute: Push carton off conveyor onto a pre-numbered tray/chute or lift carton off conveyor and place on exception conveyor behind sorter position.
- Move Merchandise: Operate hand jacks and/or Material Handling Equipment (complete licensing) to remove merchandise to the next designated department.
- Seal Totes: Place tamper-proof tags on totes with security merchandise.
- Identify Splits: Identify an incoming merchandise pallet so that the radio frequency system or receiver can indicate the proper split.
- Split Full Pallets: Pick the quantity of items described on the terminal or receiver to the correct store pallet by moving the pallet with hand jack or power equipment across the staging rollers and placing the carton on the designated store pallet.
- Load Trailer: Move full pallets onto trailer using hand jack or pallet end-rider. Unstack cartons from pallet to trailer floor to ceiling, filling up the entire trailer.
- Top Load Merchandise: Hand stack merchandise on top of pallets to fill available space on trailer, up to 7 ½ feet high to ensure fully cubed trailer.
- Secure and Seal Trailer Doors: Open and close shipping and trailer doors, attaching a serial numbered seal and lock each trailer door.
- Record Shipping Documentation: Perform reconciliation duties in closing trailers in Shipping to include; record seal, trailer, door and store number onto shipping log / manifest.
- Clean: Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Safe Procedures: Maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Loss Prevention: Responsible for taking steps to detect common signs of theft and other security issues involving co-workers and to promptly communicate potential problems to Distribution Center management.
- Other: May perform other tasks or functions as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand the English language sufficiently in order to interpret carton vendor markings, and to properly breakdown merchandise.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication, necessary for counting cartons and calculating specifications (pallet count).
- Understands the various lights / buzzers / etc associated with the sorter - conveyer belts - in truck conveyors
- Ability to grasp, bend walk, lift and move cartons up to 50 pounds.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to shrink wrap/tape a pallet from top to bottom by holding a cylinder of shrink wrap/tape and walking around a pallet up to a 6 foot height.
- Ability to safely operate all Material Handling Equipment (license required) including, but not limited to, the following:
(a.) Pallet End-rider
(b.) Stand-up Forklift / Reach / Order Picker
(c.) Sit-down Forklift (clamp)
- Ability to work in elevated work areas of up to an average of 40 feet (i.e. catwalks, modules, etc.)Ability to transfer and perform the essential job functions in any department in the Distribution Center.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions within 4 weeks of hire in accordance with productivity standards.