We have a full-time opening for a Electronic Mechanic.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries. Our products are present in 7 out of 10 homes globally and are used by over 2 billion people on a daily basis. In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Ragú, Simple, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemmé, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, whilst reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals are more than 50 time-based targets. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/.
Unilever employs more than 10,000 people in the United States – generating over $9 billion in sales in 2012. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.
An Electrical Maintenance Mechanic maintains and fixes machinery that processes margarine and spreads in the plant. This includes trouble shooting and repairing processing and packaging equipment.
3rd Shift (11pm-7:30am 5 days and every other weekend)
• Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
• Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
• Welds to repair broken metal parts.
• Performs routine preventative maintenance and repairs to manufacturing equipment as needed.
• Observes electrical and mechanical devices/systems in operation to located causes of trouble.
• Repairs and replaces defective parts.
• Service and repair plant facilities equipment such as air compressors, heat exchangers, boilers and ammonia refrigeration equipment.
• Adjust and test machinery.
• Make repairs such as chains, sprockets, bearings, and belts. Rebuilds pneumatic cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes and other drive train components.
• Stick and tig welding repair.
Electrical Technician job tasks:
• Troubleshooting and networking PLC programming
• Basic electrical construction, including installing conduit
• Troubleshooting and calibrating AC & DC drives
• Reading electrical and electronic prints
• Working off PID drawings
• Troubleshooting ladder and PLC logic
• Troubleshooting and solving issues related to electrical or mechanical problems
• Working with BCD
• Application of resistors and understanding of their color coding
• 3 years of industrial maintenance experience with up to 480V 3-phase.
• Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Also, know 3 phase electrical, and AC and DC controls.
• Must have HS Diploma/GED and some electrical training.
• Equipment Maintenance – Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Troubleshooting – Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems
• Be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
• Work under pressure to fix equipment quickly because breakdowns usually stop or slow production.
• Knows, understands, and applies safe work practices, including lock-out / tag-out, confined space entry, as well as safety practices relevant to mechanical skill sets.
• Reads and understands electrical, equipment manuals, pneumatic schematics as well as mechanical drawings.
• Ability to work in a self-directed fashion.
Please apply for this position at
or call Unilever Enterprise Support HR Services 888.775.0389
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.