To work closely with the assistant general manager, shift leaders and crew to ensure that your store is running at the highest possible level. To ensure customer and employee happiness. To increase and/or maintain profitability of your store.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage assistant general manager, shift leaders and crew for Five Guys Store.
• Demonstrate and demand the highest possible levels of food quality and customer service.
• Ensure (3) grey shirts and (3) Food Service Certificates per store.
• Maintain and ensure a clean and safe environment in each store for the employees and our customers.
• Oversee the preparation of weekly store schedule maintaining respective hourly labor cost and ensure that the schedule is posted by 12:00 noon on Thursday each week.
• Arrange your schedule so that your store meets the minimum requirements of staff and have successful results, which includes being available to cover shifts for vacations, sick days, personal emergencies, etc.
• Supervise the preventative maintenance schedules for each store.
• Complete responsibility for processing of all invoices, credits, bills, past due statements, and mail.
• Perform all Human Resources functions for your store including (but not limited to) interviewing, hiring, new hire paperwork, orientation, training, semi-annual employee appraisals, discipline, accommodation, enforce all rules of employee handbook, and termination.
• Submit payroll information as required to ensure that the staff is paid on time and with 100% accuracy each pay period.
• Personally manage the master “manager’s & Shift leaders’ schedule”.
• Control Cost of Goods Sold to be no more than the specified monthly target based on monthly sales average.
• Ensure period end inventories are completed consistently and accurately for each store.
• Ensure that the store is completing the following tasks on a daily basis: Prep to Par, Station Assignment, Temperatures, Cleaning & Revenue Calendars, Over/Short, and Bread Counts.
• Provide weekly reports to the District Manager on a consistent basis, with information to include: Labor and Food Cost, special projects, customer compliments/complaints, Secret Shopper scores, weekly cleaning projects. Also, include reports for corporate visits, Health Department and SteriTech when completed.
• Provide daily status report to District Manager via email to update store visits & issues
• Review daily reports for both shifts: track and monitor refunds, discounts, deposits, Cash over/short, tip jar, and change orders.
• Collect month end paperwork and submit by the 5th day of the following month to District Manager.
• Maintain and teach Five Guys Standards in food quality, cleanliness and customer service
• Provide District Manger with labor text message for each shift
• Maintain ongoing employee training and development program.
• Maintain daily manager log
• Conduct bi-weekly greyshirt meetings
• Attend all GM meetings
• Develop and implement a marketing plan
• Ensure that par levels for orders are current and that orders for bread and product are completed in the specified timely manner.
• Develop the specified number of management personnel.
• Ensure that pre-shift meetings and fry calibrations are completed
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Manage the Secret Shopper scores with the monthly goal of 88% or greater.
• Manage the SteriTech audits quarterly to ensure at 97% or greater.
• Maintain office supplies for each store.
• Expense report to be submitted by the 5th day of the following month
• Reasonable access to you is expected by owner, shift leaders and crew.
• Conduct audits on an as needed basis.
• Assistant General Manager, Shift Leaders, Crew
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• College degree or industry specific post primary education preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of prior industry experience required.
• Computer skills including basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• ServSafe Certification is required
• Knowledge of Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, especially when providing instruction in a clear manner.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• A well respected supervisor and effective trainer who displays good judgment when making difficult decisions.
• Possess high leadership skills, including positive attitude, friendliness, and calmness under pressure.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Desire to be an Ambassador of the company to our crew and customers.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must walk, stand, kneel, stoop, reach, bend, see, hear and talk (constantly
• Must lift, carry, and pull up to fifty (50) pounds (frequently), with proper lifting procedures
• Exposure to kitchen equipment, including grills, fryers, knives, cutters and slicers
• Fast–paced work environment
• High stress level
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
• Personal computer
• Radiant Cash Register System
• Various pieces of hot and cold kitchen equipment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
The General Manager effectively and efficiently manages a restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the Company to ensure guest satisfaction, profit maximization and development of high performing work teams consisting of assistant managers, shift managers and team members. This position reports to the Area Manager. Qualifications include: at least two years experience in the quick service industry and a minimum of two years experience supervising others, and a high school education.
Browse similar jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs