We have an immediate opening for a Restaurant Supervisor.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Daily supervision and direction of outlet service staff. Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for outlets. Interact with guests to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner by circulating within the outlet and communicating with the kitchen and the order takers. Handle guest complaints. Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of room service area to ensure that it is up to standard.
- Ensure availability of manpower, supplies, and equipment to ensure positive guest experience. Assist in hiring, scheduling, supervision and control of cashiers, supervisors, greeters, servers and bus attendants.
- Attend pre-meal meetings and conduct ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance.
- Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions. Assist in regulation of distribution of necessary supplies.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the food and beverage operation. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the business. Employees who violate theatre F&B operation rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the theatre F&B operation.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including but not limited to assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity, food cost and other expenses.
Education: High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: Minimum two years food and beverage service background required.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marcus standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.