Cook at Marriott Houlihans
Cook ( Restaurant)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by kitchen staff or Manager.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- and professional communications skills are required
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Average to above knife skills
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
- Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
- Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
- Ability to assist Kitchen Manager with maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Ability to handle average amounts of prep work and work 2-3 stations with little or no difficulty and minimal assistance
- Ability to work with position, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with state regulations and obtain ServSafe certification.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 40 pounds
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Valid Driver’s License