POSITION TITLE: MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MANAGEMENT/FRANCHISEE
The Manager performs and directs overall restaurant management. Directs staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Recruits staff and oversees training program. Responsible for inventory and money control systems – may establish inventory schedules. Responsible for local marketing initiatives – may contact prospective customers to promote sales. Maintains business records. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes and posts the staff work schedules.
- Recruits, rewards and terminates staff as needed.
- Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual. Analyzes business records to increase sales.
- Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
- Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sales.
- Plans special events and promotions.
- Completes University of SUBWAY® courses as directed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Experience & Skills: A minimum of two (2) years in a restaurant environment, experience in supervising and training staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Position Title: Store Manager Reports To: Owner Role Overview
A Store Manager optimises the operating profit of their site and ensures their store builds a reputation for providing excellent customer service. A Store Manager grows retail shop sales in all categories and implements ‘best practice’ of each component of the retail offer. This position ensures competent, capable employees are recognized and developed through ongoing training.
Manage and track the following elements:
- Store Sales
- Net Profit
- Overall Store Business
- Recruit and select new employees
- Overall management and responsibility of Sandwich Artist™, Shift Managers, Assistant Managers
- Ensure that new employees are trained and inducted in accordance with Subway training requirements
- Provide ongoing coaching of employees and lead expectations by example
- Prepare the rosters in line with budgeted labour and man hours
- Run employee counseling sessions and Investigation Meetings. Inform Operations Manager of escalated employee issues.
- Perform employee appraisals once every quarter
- Mentor Assistant Managers as required
- Develop and monitor store labour budgets and man hours
- Invoicing, ordering and daily banking
- Prepare required paperwork in relation to stock and sales. Prepare employee pay and timesheets
- Manage cash variances and wastage.
- Ensure 100% compliance in accordance to SUBWAY® and council guideline
- Perform inventory management and stock control including weekly stock take and reports. Analyze the Weekly Sales & Inventory Report to improve the business
- Direct and undertake housekeeping activities such as maintaining store cleanliness and presentation
- Create and implement Local Store Marketing Plans
- Complete all required courses as directed by Operations Manager
Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensure safety procedures are followed to prevent injury
- Provide a safe work environment for employees and customers
- Ensure all accidents are reported as per company process
- Promote & encourage a high level of customer service amongst employees
- Provide a high standard of customer service in dealing with sales, inquiries and complaints
- Handle unresolved and/or escalated customer complaints
- Maintain high personal standards in both presentation and work habits
- Manage point of sale and customer complaints
- Sales growth, financial management and analytical judgment
- Strategic thinking with planning and alignment
- Inventory management
- Collaborate and negotiate with others
- Compliance and process focused
- Maintain store cleanliness and hygiene at all times