Reports directly to the Store Manager/Assistant Manager. Responsible for receiving, inspecting, and accepting incoming merchandise & supplies from the Distribution Center, UPS, FedEX, and other vendors.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following .
- Unload trucks, stage and style merchandise for the sales floor
- Price and prepare merchandise for the sales floor
- Assist in cardboard pick up and bailing
- Performs other duties, such as, assisting on the sales floor, cashiering, complete price changes, assisting with housekeeping duties, and other areas as needed
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Understanding safety policies and practises
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guidelines
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform cash register functions
- Ability to be a team player
- Constant walking and standing
- Ability to use pallet jack and other tools as needed
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasionally lifting 50 pounds
- Fast-paced enviornment; moderate noise level
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old