Act as the point of contact at the front of the store for customers providing superior customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service at the front end.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and ensure company guidelines are followed.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operation Procedures manual and Employee Handbook.
- Assist Store Manager in identifying returns that must be marked out of stock or reduced.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Execute major events, ad set up and corporate initiatives as directed by Store Manager.
- Train and develop associates with guidance from Store Manager.
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guide.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to manage multi line telephone system.
- Ability to be a team leader and team player.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred,
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Old Time P,ottery, Inc. values and culture.
- Works as a team leader and team player.
- Recognizes that his/her actions directly impact store performance.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer needs.
- Ability to perform all cash register functions efficiently and accurately.
- Stocks and maintains merchandise in store, adequately and safely.
- Maintains an efficient, orderly, clean and safe store.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as pricing guns, box cutters, two-wheel dollies and pallet jacks.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old