What does an Automotive Technician do?
An Automotive Technician is an employee in training to become a Certified Technician. Technicians work alongside Certified and Senior Technicians while they learn to perform our core oil change services. Duties include:
- Servicing oil filters
- Servicing air filters
- Grease fittings
- Checking and changing lights and wipers
- Changing oil and other fluids
- Rotating tires
- Meeting customer needs
- Ensuring service center is clean and presentable
What does it take to be an Automotive Technician?
- Ability to work in varying temperature conditions
- Ability to work quickly and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures
- Enjoy face-to-face interaction with customers
- Enjoy hands-on work
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have full body mobility
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time with your hands above your head
What do you need to know to be an Automotive Technician?
We will teach you each of the technical skills you need to know in order to perform these car care services during our on-the-job training program. By the end of your training, you will be a Certified Technician.
At Valvoline, we strive and have a desire to promote from within. We provide the tools and guidance to help you develop yourself to move as high up in the organization as your desire, skills and abilities will allow. Currently, 90% of the Market Managers, almost all of the Area Managers and 95% of the Service Center Managers for our Valvoline Instant Oil Change business came from an hourly store position. We are looking for people who want to advance and stay with Valvoline for a long period of time!
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 17+ years old