We are still family-owned and operated and everyone who works at Whataburger is considered a “Family Member.” We hire people we believe in, we train them for success and we help them build careers that last. Find your place. For jobs within our restaurants, including everything from entry-level Team Member positions to General Manager, visit Restaurant Opportunities.
- Overall accountability for the operation of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) ensuring delivery on the Customer Promise, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (increased sales, profitability, and employee retention)
- Mobilizes the restaurant management team to oversee the financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and compliance within the restaurant across all shifts
- Directs accurate preparation and sale of products
- Ensures company standards on equipment, facility and grounds are maintained by using a preventative maintenance program
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed customer expectations with fast, accurate, friendly service in clean surroundings.
- Provides coaching and feedback to team and managers on team stations, products, processes and policies
- Assumes full accountability for the restaurant profit and loss management by implementing marketing strategies; following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reporting to enhance restaurant results
- Leads restaurant management team in recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and retaining effective team talent. Counsels and disciplines team members as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required, 2 years of college preferred
- 2-4 years of management experience in a restaurant, retail or hospitality industry
- Strong math and Windows-based computer literacy
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License