The Shift Leader is responsible and accountable for all restaurant activities while on duty, in the absence of the General Manager and Manager. The Shift Leader works with the Restaurant Management team to ensure all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s business plan. The Shift Leader ensures all Crew Persons are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job description.
Total Guest Satisfaction:
Consistently provide a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction.
- Takes necessary action to ensure all Guest receive “Super star service”; anticipates and exceeds the guests needs; handles “special situations” and requests immediately in a positive manner that encourages Guest to return.
- Effectively “paths” the restaurant to monitor all aspects of the restaurant’s operation to anticipate problems; take initiative to correct problem areas immediately.
- Consistently enforces and maintains all Carl’s Jr. QSC (Quality, Service and Cleanliness) Standards.
- Monitors and maintains proper staffing level and labor costs while ensuring high levels of QSC.
- Observes employee attitudes; take appropriate steps to create a friendly atmosphere for employees and Guests.
- Suggests to Restaurant Management ways to improve Guest Service.
Training and Development:
Strives to improve the skills and performance of all crew persons.
- Effectively train Crew Persons utilizing the existing training program
- Provides regular performance feedback to motivate and improve the performance of all crew persons.
- Provides direction and supervision for crew persons to maintain high productivity and high crew morale
- Communicates employee work performance to the General Manager and appropriately addresses performance issues; maintains proper documentation for all disciplinary situations.
- Make an on-going effort to improve personal performance level.
Supports Business Objectives:
Supports efforts to maximize sales and profits and minimize controllable costs by effectively directing and supervising work shift activities.
- Makes sound business decisions quickly to ensure Guest receive service beyond their expectations.
- Effectively plans, organize and implements all daily operational routines and activities; completes all required administrative duties and daily paperwork.
- Able to supervise and perform closing and/or opening duties as directed by Restaurant Management.
- Supports the goals, decisions and directives of Restaurant Management.
Policies & Standards:
Complies with all Carl’s Jr policies and procedures regarding business and personnel practices.
- Complies with and models all company policies standards, procedures, and guidelines; enforce all in a fair and consistent manner.
- Holds employees and self accountable for the methods and processes used to achieve results.
- Role models and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel practices.
Carl’s Jr. Shared Values:
Models and encourages Carl’s Jr. shared values.
- Is completely focused on and driven by the Guest
- Is of high personal integrity and treats all employees with honesty, respect and dignity
- Establishes an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication; and provides a communication process that works up, down and across the organization
Is performance oriented and driven; Clearly communicates performance expectations, measures performance results, recognizes and rewards good performance and is intolerant of poor performance.
High School diploma or equivalent. Good verbal and written communication skills; is capable of communicating effectively with General Manager, customers and co-workers; bi-lingual skills a plus.
Must have successfully completed the entire Crew Person Training Program requirements. Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
Transportation & Insurance –
Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Must have a telephone or other reliable method of communicating with the restaurant. Maintains an open door policy.
Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including opening and closing shifts.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to get results through others.
- Organizational, Planning and time management skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot cash handling problems; good mathematics skills
- Excellence in performing the duties of all work stations and in completing assigned tasks and duties.
- Ability to look at the restaurant operations (from a Guest’s viewpoint).
- Ability to take initiative.
Must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Bend and stoop.
- Work around heat
- Work around others in close quarters
- Move throughout the restaurant and visually observe restaurant operations and employee work performance.
- Lift 50 – 75 pounds
- Work with various cleaning products.
I understand and acknowledge that Friendly Franchise Corporation is an independently owned and operated franchisee of Carl's Jr. Restaurants LLC and, if I am hired Friendly Franchise Corporation will be my employer, not Carl's Jr. Restaurants LLC. Further, I understand and acknowledge that Friendly Franchise Corporation is not acting as an agent for Carl's Jr. Restaurants or any of its affiliates.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old