This position is responsible for providing the highest quality service to customers in their store. This involves assisting the Store Manager in their duties to assure smoothly running store operations and best use of store personnel in order to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain store environment to provide quick, convenient and friendly service to customers.
• Maintain store appearance.
• Work shifts as scheduled. Be flexible to work all shifts, all days of the week when necessary.
• Assist in the operation of branded food service and other alternate profit centers where applicable.
• Maintain accurate and timely accounting and recording of store transactions.
• Accurately check-in merchandise brought by vendors.
• Be able to complete and transmit all daily and month-end operations paperwork.
• Count daily receipts and make bank deposits.
• Change gas prices in computer system and on outside signs as needed.
• Order inventory as needed; mark and stock inventory.
• Assist with compliance on all tobacco and alcohol policies by store employees.
• Follow Federal and State legal guidelines relating to store operations including hiring, firing, and
wage and hour laws.
• Follow all company procedures and policies as set in Managers Manual and by Vice President of
Operations. Promote understanding and acceptance of all company policies and procedures
among store personnel. Provide feedback to Store Manager as it arises in order to improve
• Cooperate and maintain open communications with all home office departments and with other
• Develop and maintain a positive, professional culture in the store that promotes teamwork and
satisfaction among the employees.
• Be able to operate all store equipment and actively train store employees on correct procedures in
• Additional duties as assigned.
In the Store Manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager should be able to carry out all the responsibilities normally performed by the Manager which include:
• Schedule staff to maximize customer service and meet required authorized hours.
• Accurately count, record and deposit store receipts daily.
• Order authorized inventory in order to meet customer needs and to prevent out-of-stock situations.
• Survey competitors and report relevant information as directed.
• Proactively work to prevent theft by customers, employees and vendors.
• Maintain correct vendor protocol as set in Managers Manual.
• Document and report to store Supervisor, Human Resources or Store Manager (upon their return)
store issues that require corrective action.
• Be able to be reached on short notice by telephone in place of residence or other method approved
by supervisor in event of store emergency.
• Valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience Required:
• High School Diploma and at least 3 months of retail clerk experience, or a combination of education
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate professional manner and pleasant attitude on a consistent basis.
• Must be able to perform all the tasks of the clerk position.
• Must exercise good judgement in bringing matters of importance to the attention of the Store
• Ability to make basic mathematical calculations in order to run the register; count receipts and
complete daily and monthly reports.
• Ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing to superiors, subordinates and office
• Possess a positive attitude and be willing to support company policies and procedures.
• Have the ability and willingness to learn how to operate company hardware and software packages
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old