We have a opening for a Police Officer.
Must be able to work at least 5 shifts per week and be available weekdays and weekends.
- Must have some experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
Wage: $19.63 - $30.68 per hour, DOQ
* 21 years of age;
* Valid Driver's license;
* High School graduate, or equivalent;
* Good Moral Character
* No DUI within the past five years, has not been convicted, does not have an expunged conviction and has not been placed on diversion by any state or federal government for a crime that is a felony or it's equivalent under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
* Citizen of the United States.
All uniformed employees are prohibited from displaying body art, tattoo(s), intentional scarring, or mutilation while on duty or representing the department in any official capacity. Uniformed employees shall cover existing body art, tattoo(s), by wearing the long-sleeve shirt and/or uniform pants/breeches or a skin tone patch or makeup. Tattoos are explicitly prohibited from being visible on the hands, above the collarbone on the neck, face, or head and visible with an open collar shirt. Department command staff personnel have final discretion when determining the appropriateness of exposed tattoos.
NOTE: Successful candidates must be willing to move, within two years of hire, within a 35-mile radius of the City limits. There is NO Kansas residency requirement.
Private Police Pension Plan, contribution of 4% paid by the officer per pay period.
Compensation: Entry-level officers may receive up to a 5% incentive for education and an additional 5% incentive for prior law enforcement experience.
The Prairie Village Police Department offers a lateral transfer for current POST certified officers. In most cases, the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center will accept a POST certification from another state. If accepted, you will directly enter the Field Training Program and can forgo a Kansas Police Academy
For more information, go to www.pvkansas.com or Click the link below to apply: