Restaurant General Manager- Salaried Management
Restaurant General Managers are experts in creating the Burger King® experience by providing prompt and outstanding Guest service, quality products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable restaurant environment. The Restaurant Manager (RGM) has overall responsibility for managing daily operations of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) ensuring delivery on the Guest Experience, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability, and employee retention). The RGM mobilizes the restaurant management team to oversee the financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and Company/Corporate compliance within the restaurant across all shifts.
Many of our Company’s Restaurant General Managers have advanced their careers in our organization, and have gone on to become District Managers, Managing Directors, and even Owners. We offer unlimited potential for those that have the capabilities and motivation to be successful in our business. The possibilities are endless here!
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture and values of our Company.
- Effectively communicates goals for the shift as well as monthly/quarterly/yearly objectives, models how the goals can be achieved, and ensures operational and organizational objectives are met for the restaurant.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume to keep restaurant operating to standard and to set a positive example for the entire team.
- Delivers outstanding Guest service by maintaining a positive and friendly demeanor and coaching teams to connect with each and every Guest. Every position is expected to do their part to provide amazing Guest service, whether you are a cashier, cook, porter, or manager. Handles Guest Service issues in the restaurant, and coaching team on opportunities that arise.
- Follows Company operational policies and procedures, and ensures entire team understands and follows policies and procedures.
- Consistently uses suggestive selling and up-selling techniques in order to boost restaurant sales and increase Guest satisfaction. Sets goals for team to meet or exceed Company selling objectives.
- Reviews store environment to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the team to achieve operational goals. Communicates ideas for improvement to the management team.
- Coaches management team members on people leadership skills and management tools for maximum efficiency and promotability; makes them feel their contributions are valuable. Reviews restaurant’s operational, financial and marketing targets and results to set challenging goals for self and team, and provides timely performance feedback and ensures accountability.
- Conducts ongoing written performance reviews of all team members. These reviews should include written performance goals
- Identifies effective team members who are “at-risk-of-departing” and takes appropriate action for retention. Maintains order and discipline among employees supervised, including reprimands, suspensions and recommendations of employment termination.
- Assumes full responsibility for the restaurant profit and loss management by implementing marketing strategies; following cash control/security procedures; maintaining inventory; managing labor; and applying financial report analysis to enhance restaurant results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, Guest service, and leadership skills, with the ability to coach others
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must have open and flexible availability
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, store computer systems and programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- At least 2-3 years general manager experience in retail or restaurant industry.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Free meals
Browse similar jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Counseling Jobs
- Commercial Driver Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Driver Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Retail Operations Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Retail Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs