Assistant Manager- Salaried Management
Assistant Managers are experts in creating the Burger King® experience by providing prompt and outstanding Guest service, quality products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable restaurant environment. They contribute to our success by leading by example and assisting the Restaurant General Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. They coordinate in-restaurant training programs, Guest relations objectives, and operational initiatives as assigned by the Restaurant General Manager.
Many of our Company’s Assistant Managers have advanced their careers in our organization, and have gone on to become Restaurant General Managers, District Managers, Administrative Staff, and even Owners. We offer unlimited potential for those that have the capabilities and motivation to be successful in our business. The possibilities are endless here!
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture and values of our Company.
- Effectively communicates goals for the shift, models how the goals can be achieved, and ensures operational and organizational objectives are met for the shift.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume to keep restaurant operating to standard and to set a positive example for the entire team.
- Delivers outstanding Guest service by maintaining a positive and friendly demeanor and coaching team to connect with each and every Guest. Every position is expected to do their part to provide amazing Guest service, whether you are a cashier, cook, porter, or manager.
- Delegates responsibilities and practices to team to ensure smooth flow of operations with input and guidance from Restaurant General Manager.
- Follows Company operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety.
- Provides fresh, quality products consistently for all Guests by adhering to all product build and presentation standards. Follows food safety guidelines for all products.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Promotes great team work and readily assists with team needs throughout the shift.
- Maintains a clean and polished appearance, wearing the designated uniform.
- Consistently uses suggestive selling and up-selling techniques in order to boost restaurant sales and increase Guest satisfaction.
- Reviews store environment to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the team to achieve operational goals. Communicates ideas to the Restaurant General Manager for broader areas of improvement.
- Assist Restaurant General Manager with operational and organizational planning and task management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, and leadership skills, with the ability to coach others
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times during assigned shift
- Ability to deliver Guest service that meets or exceeds Guest needs
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must have open and flexible availability
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, store computer systems and programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- At least 1 year retail or restaurant supervisory experience.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old