STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To aid store management in the achievement of store objectives and assist in assigning, directing and following up on activities of Crew Members while providing quality products and services in a clean and safe environment to each and every customer. This position must be able to work and communicate effectively with store management and crew members.
An individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Wenzona will upon request provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless to do so would cause the company an undue hardship.
The Shift Supervisor must be able to perform each of the following essential functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Must be able to stand much of the work day
- Must be able to concentrate and perform duties accurately
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to perform the Accountabilities and Key Measurement Criteria
- Must be able to fulfill the Knowledge and Ability Section
- Must be able to perform as stated in the Work Environment; Physical Demands Section
While direct supervision is not assigned to this position, job responsibilities may include providing functional guidance to Crew Members, including assignment delegation, instruction and follow-through. May carry out opening and closing procedures in the absence of management, but does not have the authority to hire, discipline or fire employees.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
1. Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to Crew Members. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to company policies and health/sanitation regulations; initiates corrective actions, as appropriate.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Certified in State and Company food safety requirements
- Follows all food safety procedures as outlined in the operations manual and communicates using the Automated Communications System
- Trains and executes all Wendy’s food safety procedures and compliance with all Health Department regulations, Escalates critical items immediately
- Observes, enforces and role models washing of hands
- Follows proper total store cleaning systems
- Completes Food Safety log
- Executes established food borne illness reporting procedures
2. Monitors tasks performed by Crew Members to ensure product Quality, Service and Cleanliness (QSC). Preforms and monitors tasks in a manner to support total store “Customer Courtesy.”
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Assists in attaining/maintaining Sparkle or “Dave’s Way” certification
- Executes “Operations Leader” role including QSC and store walk through, as directed
- Delivers “Customer Courtesy” to every customer, including speed of service, order accuracy and quality product
- Adheres to company systems and operating procedures, including use of Daily Shift Plan
- Behaves in accordance with and performs tasks consistent with established procedures
- Ensures all positions are maintained at “rush readiness” standards
- Ensures SOE scores are maintained at standard
- Executes guest relations activities, including interaction with guests
3. Executes established cost control systems. Monitors and follows up with Crew Members on proper food prep amounts, procedure execution and bin chart usage to minimize food cost. Monitors labor usage against sales reading and takes corrective action where necessary. Executes trains, and monitors proper cash control procedures.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Utilizes cost control systems (e.g. flow charts, prep projections, “build to” charts, daily targets, bar graph schedule, waste tracking, employee meals, etc.)
- Adheres to cash control policies and procedures; including holding Crew Members accountable to company guidelines, e.g. deposit and safe procedures
- Monitors and enforces labor hours vs. guide
- Monitors and follows-up on food preparation and production
- Ensures Crew Member time card accuracy
- Monitors food, labor, paper and other controllable costs on assigned shifts
4. As directed, ensures proper training for Crew Members through established systems and follows through to ensure compliance to company standards. Coaches Crew Members to maximize performance execution.
KEY MEASURMENT CRITERIA
- Executes positional training and cross-training to achieve operating standards (COT/proper completion of POC)
- Provides feedback, intervention and coaching Crew Members, initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Trains Crew Members on operational changes and new products
- Helps identify and develop Crew Members for Shift Supervisor positions
5. Supervises Crew Members in a manner that maximizes retention. Ensures proper execution of and compliance with all company policies and procedures on assigned shifts.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRIETERIA
- Contributes toward achievement of Crew turnover goals
- As directed, processes candidate applications to appropriate manager
- Notifies management of performance issues with crew members
- Initiates resolution of performance issues on assigned shifts
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity
- Adheres to company dress policy and monitors adherence by Crew Members
6. Maintains safe working conditions by following all safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
- Adheres to safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures
- Uses safety equipment during all shifts and ensures use by crew members
- Notifies GM/TSM of known maintenance issues
- Ensures that Maintenance log is completed timely as necessary
- Ensures prompt and accurate reporting of accidents and claims; initiates corrective action as appropriate to prevent recurrence
7. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Ability to learn and apply Wendy’s standard operating procedures
- Ability to learn and apply Wenzona’s Human Resources and policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws
- Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended corporate training programs, including but not limited to crew positional training program, Wendy’s Management Institute and Serv Safe
- Food Safety Certification
- At least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED, preferred
- 1 or more years of restaurant or supervisory experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT; PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, a Shift Supervisor must perform duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position (including ability to work many different shifts). The position frequently requires working at a fast pace and may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements. It is also necessary to use a headset to take orders, take direction or give direction. Shift Supervisors may be required to transfer from one location to another as business needs dictate. The Shift Supervisor position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 25 pounds, as necessary), standing for long periods without a break, and ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old