Responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide every customer with a warm and friendly greeting, fast efficient service and a sincere THANK YOU.
- Promotes merchandise programs through suggestive selling techniques.
- Prepares and completes sandwich orders to meet and exceed customers’ satisfaction.
- Processes order using the cash register, makes change, processes credit/debit cards and issues receipts to guests.
- Understands and follows all cash handling procedures.
- Completion of cashier paperwork at conclusion of each shift.
- Presents a neat, clean appearance in compliance with Company uniform standards.
- Replenishes products and supplies to ensure in-stock conditions at all times.
- Completes all store housekeeping functions (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash).
- Works with other store employees as a member of a team.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager.
- Work in a “SAFE” manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
- All situations must be avoided that may create a conflict of interest including outside employment in a similar business.
- All duties must be performed in a manner that is free from unlawful harassment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by management.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract in order to make change, complete shift reports, and account for a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Displays outstanding work ethics at all times in the areas of honesty, efficiency and dependability.
- Displays punctuality and a neat appearance.
- Must be able to work all shifts as requested.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must pass the background check and drug free workplace requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position requires constant standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the store which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler/freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior of the stores perimeter.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old