Plato's Closet is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're part of a nationwide unique recycling retail store specializing in clothes for teens and twenty somethings. We buy and sell the latest looks in clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for girls and guys.
- Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
- Buy used product, reinforcing the customer’s purchases and sales to the store. Invite customers to return to the store with their used gear for product trade or to sell.
- Develop proficiency in POS operating systems inclusive of sales, buys and return transactions.
- Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to anticipate bottlenecks in service and act quickly to resolve them.
- Ability to communicate viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner
- Act in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Capable of making quick and appropriate decisions.
- Exert a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Minimum age 16+ years old.
- Must be able to work VARIOUS shifts weekly AND weekends.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Perform effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Prior retail/customer service experience IS preferred.
- Take action to meet customer needs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old