Plato's Closet is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're part of a nationwide unique recycling retail store specializing in clothes for teens and twenty somethings. We buy and sell the latest looks in clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for girls and guys.
The Assistant Manager is responsible to perform a wide range of duties related to staffing and personnel, sales and marketing, inventory management and customer service and satisfaction. The Assistant Manager is responsible promote business operations and financial performance (efficiency and profit/loss accountability). The Assistant Manager will help achieve business to growth and profitability by overseeing a team that maintains an attractive, interesting, fun, and rewarding atmosphere designed to promote longer customer shopping and increased sales.
The ideal Plato's Closet® Assistant Store Manager candidate MUST have a high school diploma and college/coursework, a minimum of one year retail sales experience, a strong sense of style and style trends, supervisory qualities, an engaging and upbeat demeanor, exceptional organizational skills, professionalism beyond reproach, and a continuous improvement mindset. Our Assistant Manager oversees our staff in order to promote an 'employer of choice' culture and a 'shopping destination of choice' brand.
- Contribute to timely and accurate operational and financial reporting.
- Create, promote, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Control store operations to include scheduling, mentoring, merchandising, and loss prevention.
- Maintain accurate inventory management by adhering to security systems and measures; checking inventory levels and anticipating customer demands.
- Maintain accurate store/office record-keeping.
- Optimize store staff results by coaching, mentoring, disciplining, monitoring performance and by promoting staff collaboration.
- Participate in trend management activities.
- Plan and delegate workflow and projects daily.
- Process weekly store schedules while maintaining payroll budget guidelines.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Work to increase sales and profitability.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- MUST be 18 years or older
- Prior leadership experience IS REQUIRED (minimum 1 year). Can include positions such as Shift Lead, Crew Leader or Key Holder
- MUST have excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- MUST be able to work VARIOUS shifts weekly AND weekends
- MUST be able to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions
- MUST have POS experience and be computer literate
- MUST have reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old