You need Adobe Flash Player to see this video!
Under general direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Technician maintains the facility and equipment for an assigned group of restaurants. Completes necessary repairs and performs preventive procedures in a manner responsive to customer/employee safety and to preserve company assets in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Completes repair orders as assigned. Gives priority items preference and advises Supervisor of any delays.
- Inspect building and equipment upon arrival at each location for any issues that need to be addressed.
- Purchase required parts and supplies as needed.
- Job requires 50 hours per week.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of parts, tools, equipment and other items. Complete period inventory of all items kept on company vehicle.
- Responsible for keeping all company assets (vehicles, parts, equipment, etc) safe and secure at all times.
- Performs duties as prescribed in the Preventive Maintenance System; dates, initials and write comments in the Maintenance Workbook as required.
- Ensures that building and equipment are maintained in a safe manner, and that all repairs are made as specified by manufacturer.
- Advises RGM of needed repairs and the required expenditures for the repairs completed.
- Complete a Work Order Request Form for each visit to each location. Obtain a signature from store management and communicate all work that was completed.
- Complies with company policies on safety at all times while performing work efficiently while protecting self, fellow workers and customers.
- Other related duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Requires general knowledge of building maintenance to include electrical repair of commercial kitchen equipment, demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration of various sizes to include walk in coolers and freezers, extensive knowledge of AC and Heating system on the commercial level, plumbing skills to include cooper and PCV, specialized experience in the commercial restaurant industry. Requires the ability to receive verbal and written directions. Requires ability to keep records of limited difficulty. Requires ability to be available for emergency repairs.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of high school. Preferred education will include completion of course work from a technical college.
EPA Certification is required. Master HVAC License is preferred but not required.
Requires minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in repairing and servicing commercial restaurant equipment of a similar environment (i.e. hotel or hospital).
Requires the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time during the workday. Requires ability to lift up to 80 pounds on occasion, and lifts 20 – 25 pounds commonly during work shift.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
- Works closely with Mechanical Technicians and other Mechanicals/Image Technicians as well as with RGM’s and other restaurant team members.
LEVEL II – Mechanical Tech II will be under the development of Supervisor and Mechanical Tech I. Mechanical Tech II will be assigned to assist Supervisor and Mechanical Tech I on special projects such as installation of new walk in cooler or freezer, replacement of entire AC system etc. Level II Tech will be assigned 10 – 15 stores.
LEVEL I – Mechanical Tech I will be under the development of Supervisor. Mechanical Tech I will serve as Lead Man on special projects and will assist in developing Mechanical Tech II. Level I Tech will be assigned 15 – 20 stores.