Over the past 80 years, Ace Hardware has built a brand synonymous with "helpfulness" and "quality customer care." Our local hardware stores are part of the fabric of America. Our Ace team proudly carries on the legacy of old-fashioned service - not just at our 4,800 stores worldwide, but also throughout the entire corporation. If you're interested in becoming one of Ace's "helpful hardware folks," there's never been a better time to be a part of the Ace family.
We're now hiring for Department Managers. As a member of the Ace team, you'll have an opportunity to play a valuable role in our ongoing success, while contributing work you believe in and receiving benefits that help Ace team members balance their personal and professional lives. If you want to take pride in the work you do and give back to your community, Ace may be "the place" for you!
As part of the Ace management team, you are key in the store’s mission to provide friendly, efficient and knowledgeable customer service for all customers.You will perform any combination of the following duties:
- Operate a cash register accurately and unpack and merchandise stock according to plan.
- Maintain the receiving and storage of products.
- Aid the store manager in the training and development of the store staff.
Your focus will be customer satisfaction through knowledge of our product line and the ability to assist with product selection. Additional duties may include the responsibility of opening and closing the store.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
The primary responsibility of the lead/dept mgr. is to focus on the customer while increasing sales and ensuring that all customers receive high levels of customer service.
Leads take a leadership role, assist management in daily operations and are responsible for the retail success of their areas and store.
They create the culture to concentrate on service, assist in upholding inventory and operating standards.
Every job within Ace ultimately impacts the customer directly or indirectly. Customers are the reason we are here; without them we wouldn’t be here.
Minimum Requirements for this position include:
- Education/Training: High school degree or GED equivalent, some college preferred. A willingness to learn.
- Experience in a retail environment either in cashier, sales or back office. Establishing relationships and working with customers. Prior experience in managing associates and handling cash, preferably in a retail environment.
- Previous experience in a retail environment either in marketing, sales or back office.
- Skills/Knowledge: Ability to process information and or merchandise through register system. Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to take leadership role in training and coaching team members on skills needed to positively impact sales.
- Maintain composure while supervising multiple tasks and handling customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business and customer.