We are currently interviewing for:
Assistant Manager - Sales
At Ace Hardware we believe PEOPLE are the foundation of our business. Our CULTURE is unique and exciting; our VALUES encourage HELPING customers with their home improvement needs while providing them with a FUN! shopping EXPERIENCE. Our team members are friendly and possess a great sense of PRIDE and ENERGY. Wexford Ace Hardware associates know they make a difference!
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager - Sales is to focus on the customer while increasing sales and ensuring that all customers receive high levels of customer service. One must interview, train and monitor the progress of the sales associates and cashiers in establishing set retail objectives, based upon the company standards and policies and create the culture to concentrate on service, promotions and sales.
Ace Hardware offers the following benefits:
• Competitive Wages
• Health and Welfare Benefit
It’s easy to apply…
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for upholding the vision, competencies, expectations, policies and standards, takes action quickly and sets the pace for all with positive professional conduct that represents the store and its culture. They are responsible for sales, profitability, productivity, expenses while ensuring that the store is staffed, stocked, merchandised and that all staff consistently provides customers with a high standard of service. An Assistant Store Manager is responsible to the growth, development of the team and store associates. In the absence of the Store Manager can perform the Store Manager duties. Every job within Ace ultimately impacts the customer directly or indirectly. Customers are the reason we are here; without them we wouldn’t be.
Every Ace team member is expected to pledge to keep the customer first and foremost regardless of his or her job. The promise we make to every customer is, “We pledge to be Ace Helpful. Helping you is the most important thing we have to do today.” This promise guides you to choose actions that best meet the customer’s needs.
Minimum Requirements for this position include:
- Education/Training: High school degree or GED equivalent, some college preferred but not neccessary. Posses some product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn. Experience: minimum of 2-5 years retail management.
- Skills/Knowledge: Strong leadership and analytical skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations. Strong problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with high attention to detail. Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate and take leadership role in training and coaching team members on skills needed to positively impact sales. Holds self and team accountable. Strong discipline/documentation skills.
- Maintain composure while supervising multiple tasks and handling customer issues.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and make sound decisions.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business and customer.
- Must be able to lift frequently to load and unload store/customer orders.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended period of time.
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and perform all functions