Take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collect payments. Also assists in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- Minimum of years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Food handling certificate.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certification in alcoholic awareness program.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to # guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverages and wines.
- Ability to access and input information into P.O.S. system.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage to guests.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Prior guest relations training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include the following . Other job related duties may be required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Fold napkins.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to restaurant.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic) according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads).
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Guide the activities of the assigned Busperson to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Clear each course following procedures laid down in departmental manual.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Present guest checks and process payments through the Cashier.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty linen.
- Marry and stock all condiments.
- Reset tables for next meal period.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Replace flowers in bud vases.
- Update menus and wine lists.
- Legibly document pertinent information in outlet log book.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.
- Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Browse similar jobs (348)
Dallas, Texas 75201
Dallas, Texas 75201