We are still family-owned and operated and everyone who works at Whataburger is considered a “Family Member.” We hire people we believe in, we train them for success and we help them build careers that last. Find your place. For jobs within our restaurants, including everything from entry-level Team Member positions to General Manager, visit Restaurant Opportunities.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Ensure company policy and Brand Equity Standards are followed.
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs.
- Hiring, training and developing new hourly team members.
- Increasing sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution.
- Maintain an overall management style in accordance with our established best practices.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure food quality and availability.
- Prepare and present hourly team member reviews.
- Oversee and supervise all beverage purchasing.
- Complete all tasks assigned by General Manager on time.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions and have strong menu knowledge
- Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Must be 21 years of age, with a minimum of 2 years full service restaurant
- Passion for the business and compassion for people
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, develop and motivate team members.
- Must be able to create fun in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Typically works under general supervision and reports to a GM.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old