Restaurant Server & Bartender
Operate the functional areas of the restaurant, bar, and barista. Will serve as the first impression and “face” of the restaurant to all guests. Will service restaurant and bar guests in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
- Greet, seat, and engage customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Professionally serve hotel and transient restaurant guests, providing a warm and memorable experience.
- Assist guests by bussing tables, delivering meals, and maintaining the breakfast buffet area.
- Suggestive selling of wine, cappuccinos, and other complementary menu items to guests.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic, non-alcoholic, and coffee barista coffee drinks to guests according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently, adhering to Brand Standards.
- Check customer's' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and professional service; keeping the entrance, buffet, restaurant, bar, and kitchen areas clean and well organized.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning. Some ware-washing may be required
- Open/Close and stock liquor, bar, and coffee products
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times
- Operate cash register and credit card terminal to collect proper payments.
- Knowledge and operation of the hotel P.O.S. computer system.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant terminology
- Complete knowledge of various hotel menu offerings.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Attends scheduled training sessions within the hotel as dictated by the Hilton brand and the hotel management.
- Ensures adherence to procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures as established.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Must be able to legally serve and pour alcohol in the State of New York
- Must be willing to work a variety of AM/PM/overnight, weekend and holiday shifts
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing. Bilingual a plus.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
- Able be able to be on your feet/stand/move for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills, listening and communication skills, and an energetic personality.
- Meet/exceed customer and team expectations; a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to accurately complete departmental paper work, such as daily or end of shift reports.
- Cash handling experience strongly desired.
- Able to lift, pull, or carry items weighing approximately 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 or more years Restaurant Experience
Certification: ServSafe and TIPS preferred, but not required
Browse similar jobs
- Bar Jobs
- Bilingual Jobs
- Busser Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Bartender Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Breakfast Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Make Drinks Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Restaurant Operations Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Coffee Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs