Pizza Line Cook/Kitchen
Title: Pizza Line Cook
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Take necessary precaution to avoid ANY possible cross-contamination.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, saute burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, sauteing or other cooking methods by portioning, slicing/chopping, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old