As a Server at Genghis Grill, you must provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our Fans. Each Server’s primary objective is to show our Fans a marvelous time, so they will want to return again and again. Remember - “YOU KHAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE."
General Guidelines and Responsibilities:
- Complete all opening duties, during-shift duties and closing duties.
- Greet Fans warmly and sincerely.
- Tell Fans your name at least three different times.
- Communicate with other warriors to ensure an efficient shift.
- Check ID’s of everyone who appears under the age of 40.
- Recommend desserts and drinks by name.
- Return all bar glasses back to bar never take to back or place in bus tubs
- Educate Fans on what they will receive if they completely fill out a comment card.
- Keep your section clean and keep turning tables.
- When taking an order, always look the Fan directly in the eyes, and stand erect. Never lean or write on the table. Never crouch down on your knees.
- Always ask Fans if they would like a lemon if they order an ice tea or water. Never place a lemon on the rim unless it is requested.
- Always serve hot tea with red plate, beverage napkin, small spoon, tea packet, and lemon on the side. Never open tea packet for Fan.
- Always serve coffee with red plate, beverage napkin, small spoon, and two coffee creamers.
- When making an ice tea, fill glass completely with ice.
- When making a water or soft drink, fill glass half way with ice.
- Never handle a drink by the rim, placing your hand over the drinking surface. Always place your hand underneath the GG logo when carrying a glass.
- Never handle the eating surface of the silverware with your hand.
- When handling plates or food never let your hand touch the eating surface or the food.
- Keep your thumbs out of the bowls.
- If you ever see numbers sitting on a table always remind the Fan to place them in the number stand even if it is not your table.
- any long conversations at any particular table. This will only upset the Fans at your other tables.
- After you take a Fan’s drink, remove all excess menus after fans proceed through Khan’s Kitchen (unless asked to leave one) and place them back at the host stand informing the manager that the table has been greeted.
- Leave your personal problems at the door.
- If you get behind in your work, ask for assistance. You'll never get in trouble for asking and you’ll be keeping your Fans happy.
- Keep wait stations stocked and clean.
- Don't ever stand around or lean on anything. You can always be cleaning: wiping shelves on the wait station, taking bus tubs to the back, wiping down tables, booths, chairs, etc. A Server never goes into, or leaves, the kitchen empty-handed. Full hands in, full hands out!
- Learn to use your time wisely. Don't go to one table then go to the kitchen. Consolidate your trips. Fill up all glasses, clear all plates, and then go on to something else. This is the secret to “running volume” and making more money.
- You won't believe how patient people will be if they just see you, especially if they see you are busy helping other Fans. Don't hide from your Fans. Never spend more than two minutes away from your section.
- When walking in your section, always make eye contact with the Fans at your tables.
- If one person asks for something at a table, make sure you ask everyone at the table if they too would like that item. This will save you many extra trips. If one Fan requests more tea, ask everyone at the table if they need any refills and then ask within your section and other sections.
- We know that Servers work for tips. However, all people do not realize this. If you get slighted on a tip, it may be because one of your Fans may have thought the tip was included in the bill or because they just don't like to tip. Like it or not, the Fan is NOT required to tip. If you get stiffed, it is unfortunate, but you must take the good with the bad. Any Fan feedback about any Warrior regarding a bad tip will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- NEVER SIT DOWN. While on duty, never sit down with a Fan or friend, even if they ask you to join them.
- When waiting on parties of one, special attention should be paid to them. They are generally in and out quicker than other parties, and they are usually the best percentage tippers.
- A tip should never be removed from a table while the Fan is still there unless the Fan hands it to you or motions for you to come and get it.
- If you are having a problem with a Host/Hostess or another Warrior, go directly to the manager. Do not harass the Warrior.
- If you must go to the restroom during your shift, ask someone if they will please watch your section while you are gone, and you need to remove your apron and give to the manager for safe keeping, and so they know your whereabouts.
- No Server is to change his or her section or pick up extra tables without the consent of the Manager.
- Always check your glassware for cracks, chips, or dried food before filling them.
- No eating or drinking in the front of the house during operating hours. No gum chewing or smoking EVER.
- Prebus, Prebus, Prebus - This means removing all trash, cups, bowls, and plates, silverware that are not currently being used while the Fan is seated at the table.
- Top off with an offer of additional beverages. Whenever anyone is at 50 percent, always bring a new glass!
- Bring condiments to the table before they are needed.
- Never walk away from a table of Fans without acknowledging their requests. Never assume that the change is your tip!
- Always provide extra napkins and offer new silverware to Fans that are on their second trip to the food bar.
As a Genghis Grill Server you are expected to:
- Have high energy and be a self-motivated team member.
- Run bowls.
- Always keep the restaurant clean, keep your eyes open to trash on the floor and always pick it up. Never walk past trash that is on the floor.
- Report to work when scheduled and wear the proper uniform.
- Be an efficient, self-starter who follows directions and strives to provide a consistently great experience.
- Know and understand the Genghis Grill concept and menu items, hours of operations and directions to Genghis Grill.
- Perform all job-related duties in a timely manner.
- Come ready to serve and take on any challenges a Fan may bring with them.
- Serve each and every Fan with extraordinary and consistent Fan service.
- Communicate with other Warriors about any challenges. Have pride in your job.
As a Genghis Grill Server, you will be walking or standing throughout your shift. You may also be required to carry, pull, and push up to 25 pounds.