Your job as a Busser entails removing used tableware between courses and clearing and resetting tables after Fans leave. You are also responsible for the overall cleanliness of the Fan areas in the restaurant, including the dining room, bar, food bar area, grill area (Fan side), restrooms, patio, etc. Remember “YOU KHAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE."
General Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Complete all opening duties, during shift duties and closing duties.
- Set up wait station with four bus tubs, two of them will sit on the shelf and the other two will sit behind them ready to slide down when the first two are full and removed. One bus tub is specifically for GG plastic cups; the other is for red bowls, plates, and silver sauce bowls. You will need to set up a clear Cambro halfway filled with the silver power chemical from the dish area for the silverware and sanitation bucket halfway filled with sanitizer and a towel. Always scrape food and trash out of bowls into trash can before placing in bus tub.
- Run Bowls!!!
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restaurant, inside and out.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restrooms on a consistent basis. Wash your hands after each restroom check.
- Assist with the cleanliness of Fan areas such as tables, chairs, booths, and the floor.
- Assist the Host/Hostess with seating rotations by rapidly cleaning tables, chairs, booths, and floors and by notifying the Host/Hostess of any available seating.
- Greet Fans when refilling their drinks with tea and water.
- Assist the wait staff with specific needs for the table such as clearing plates, bringing fresh silverware, refilling tea and water.
- Always use a paper towel/napkin when bringing bowls from dish area to host stand.
- Assist Bartenders with any needs for the bar such as GG glass cups, bus tubs, juices, ice, etc.
- Make sure that all bar glasses are returned to bar. Never take GG glass cups to bus tub or dish area.
- Be sure to always initial khans kitchen and bathroom checklist.
- Never bus a table unless the server has placed the table tent down. You never know if a Fan is in line making another bowl.
- Never touch or remove a check presenter after you bus a table.
- Assist servers in refilling tea and water only. Must always use tea or water pitcher.
- When refilling tea or water always pick the glass up below the GG logo pouring away from the table.
- Assist the kitchen by bringing dirty bus tubs filled with bowls, plates, silverware, and GG plastic cups to the kitchen, and re-stocking the wait stations with clean bowls, plates, silverware, and GG plastic cups.
- You are a total team player who provides services that link all Warrior departments together, while having Fan contact, ensuring 100% satisfaction.
- Buss and set tables.
- Re-stock bus stands.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the entire restaurant, inside and out.
- Your efficiency and speed contribute to table turnover, which is a vital aspect of our high-volume restaurant.
- In your interactions with Fans, you are expected to uphold our standards of excellent service and hospitality.
- Cleaning and checking restrooms every 15 minutes. Wash your hands after each restroom check.
- Keep wait stations fully stocked with glasses, coffee mugs, silverware, knives, assorted spoons, lemons, etc.
- Spot sweep the restaurant and bar floor.
As a Genghis Grill Busser you are expected to:
- Have high energy and be a self-motivated team member.
- Run Bowls!!!
- Keep tables clean.
- Prebus, Prebus, Prebus - This means removing all trash, cups, bowls, and plates, silverware that are not currently being used while the Fan is seated at the table.
- Assist in refilling tea/water-using pitchers.
- Keep restrooms clean and stocked.
- Keep ice filled.
- Aid Servers in turning tables. Have pride in your job.
- Keep the restaurant and Khan’s Kitchen clean.
As a Genghis Grill Busser, you will be walking or standing at all times You may also be required to carry, pull, and push up to 50 pounds.