As the Host/Hostess, you must make the Fan feel welcome. You are the first person to greet the Fan when they arrive. You should provide a cheery greeting and make each and every Fan feel "special." For some, it will be their first time visiting Genghis Grill so it is up to you to make them feel at ease. A Fan may have had a hard day at work; and now wants to relax; a Fan may be celebrating a special occasion or it may be a family that just wants to enjoy a good meal. Whatever the reason, you are the Host/Hostess who sets the tone for the Fans’ visit. You can answer any and all questions and fulfill their needs.
You must keep your energy level and enthusiasm up. You are the first person a Fan sees so greet the Fan with a welcoming smile. The Fan’s first impression of our restaurant is you. All incoming Fans must receive a friendly, sincere greeting while the door is held open for them (If time allows).
As the Host/Hostess, you are also the last person the Fan will come in contact with. When the Fan leaves, open the door for them, thank them for choosing Genghis Grill, and invite them to return. Provide the Fan with a good last impression of our restaurant.
Our Hosts/Hostesses are successful because of TEAMWORK. In order for a team to function effectively, it must be guided by certain basic principles. The information, instructions, and philosophies in this manual are the basic principles to which you will be expected to adhere.
General Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Complete all opening duties, during shift duties and closing duties.
- Greet each Fan with enthusiasm and in a welcoming manner. Give each first-time Fan an extra special welcome.
- Open the front door for Fans as they enter and leave Genghis Grill whenever possible.
- There should always be someone at the front door. If you must leave for a minute, have someone cover for you.
- Suggest to Fans drink promotions and desserts to help initiate and up sell for the server.
- When cleaning bowls always use a paper towel and never put your fingers inside the bowl.
- Never stop seating a server unless a manager has approved them to be cut.
- Consistently check the women’s and men’s rooms (approximately every 15 minutes), looking for trash, clean mirrors, and toilet paper stock. Wash hands after each restroom check.
- Keep the Host stand clean and organized.
- NO Warriors are to receive phone calls. If a caller says it is an emergency, find a Manager. Anyone asking for someone on duty must be filtered through manager.
- Your appearance and attitude is important. Fans watch the operation you perform, so do not look disorganized or upset. If you are having a problem, ask the Manager to help you.
- Always address the Fan first. If you are completing a seating “transaction,” let the Fan know you will be right with him/her. Make eye contact. Communication with the Fan is an essential part of your job.
- If you are going over your estimated times, immediately inform the Manager so that the wait staff can be alerted.
- Inform the wait staff that a new Fan has been seated in their section.
- When talking on the phone, always smile. It will make you feel good! Be cheerful and upbeat. Fans can sense your attitude by the tone in your voice. Your attitude can spread throughout the restaurant.
- Thank each Fan and invite them to return.
- Have knowledge of the concept. If you don’t understand it, ask a manager.
- Communication with other Warriors is essential to a smooth operation, a well-run restaurant and a successful shift.
- Run Bowls.
As a Genghis Grill Host/Hostess you are expected to:
- Have high energy and be a self-motivated team member.
- Be on time for your shift and have high energy throughout.
- Report to work when you are scheduled and wear the proper uniform.
- Be an efficient, self-starter who follows directions and strives to provide a consistently great experience.
- Know and understand the concept and menu items, its hours of operations and directions to Genghis Grill.
- Perform all job related duties in a timely manner.
- Know how to sell and present our concept. Have pride in your job.
- Run bowls when needed.
As a Genghis Grill Host/Hostess you will be continuously walking or standing you may also be required to carry, pull, and push up to 25 pounds.