Service Center Manager
REPORTS TO: Tuffy District Manager
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES Exempt Employee
The store manager is responsible to work the hours required to achieve the Company’s goals. The typical hours required will be 48-60 hours per week, or more as business dictates. This may require a 6 day work week: example: to cover for vacations, severe weather or when management dictates.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a Tuffy Auto Service Center with efficient, high quality automobile technical service and maximum Customer service.
- Directly responsible for coordinating the activities of all Service Center personal including scheduling of personal, interviewing and recruiting of employees.
- Creative in the development of sales generating programs within the Service Center including aggressive prospecting for new commercial and fleet accounts.
- Responsible to stay current on automobile technology, should be actively involved in obtaining ASE certifications.
- Full P&L accountability
- Assures that all incoming phone calls are handled per Tuffy telephone skills program to maximize converting Customer inquires to Service Center Visits.
- Provides training and motivation to all subordinates to assist them in performing all elements of their individual job descriptions.
- Protects company assets against shrinkage through tight controls. Assures that parts are Detail received.
- Responsible to open and close the building
- Responsible to make nightly bank deposits as required.
- Responsible to ensure no parts are ever dispensed to mechanics or general service personnel unless properly listed on service order.
- Maintains cash and disbursement controls through daily audits.
- Daily, monitors service and repair pricing to assure adequate gross profit in generated. Challenges and verifies competitive price adjustments to assure legitimacy.
- Communicates in formal Service Center Meetings to inform all Employees of upcoming promotion, current Service Center comparisons on focus elements etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all rules and safety standards are adhered to by all Employee’s
Job Descriptions Manager Physical Demands
- Standing while providing customer service behind counter 50% of time. Generally in durations of less than 30 minutes.
- Sitting while using Point of Sale computer use of mouse to supply customer estimates 30% of time. Generally in duration of less that 10 minutes.
- Walking in shop environment in close proximity to shop equipment including welding equipment, lathes, tire machines, pipe bender, and above ground hoists to communicate to customers and technicians needs and estimates. 10% of time
- Light cleaning of customer write-up area, wiping counter, cleaning windows moping of floors.
- Pulling parts from stock for technicians. Will require Lifting of 5-25 lbs seldom.
- Light clerical work reconciling and performing paperwork 10% of time
- Light stocking of shelves, putting away parts from stock orders. Performing physical inventory of store 5% of time lifting 5-25 seldom
- Kneeling, stretching, bending during normal course of day is required while assisting technicians service vehicles, and operating customers’ vehicles 5% of time.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/ LICENSES REQUIRED:
Prior management experience. Knowledge of exhaust systems, brake systems, steering and suspension systems. Must stay current with changes in automotive technology. Must be adept in the use of automobile manuals such as parts catalogs and flat rate guide. Knowledge of Human Resources and safety disciplinary procedures, minimum wage requirements and OSHA requirements.
Ability to work with Company computer system, a calculator, and familiarity with business math: ie.gross profit markup.
JOB RELATED BEHAVIORS
Primary Behaviors-included in annual appraisal
- Customer Oriented
- Organizational ability
- Safety Conscious
- Takes Direction
- Sales and Profit Minded
- Creative, Innovative
- Mathematical aptitude
- High Energy
- Works well under stress
- Attention to details
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old