The Salad Maker prepares salads in accordance with all production and recipe standards. Consistently portions products to company standards. Properly uses equipment to ensure portion controls, food quality, and equipment longevity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes.
- Carries food supplies, equipment and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Reviews daily production list to determine which products must be prepared and portioned for service.
- Inventories cold box to ensure product available for daily menu; adjusts menu as necessary if product not available.
- Carries product from walk-in to work areas for preparation.
- Ensures specified weights and portions are used for all products and recipes.
- Initials, labels, dates and wraps/covers product for proper storage.
- Discards any food that has passed its shelf life to ensure guests receive only the freshest, highest quality product.
- Returns portions and/or remaining product to walk-in shelves for use by other team members.
- Communicates any discrepancies in product availability or production levels to chef and manager.
- Thoroughly cleans and sanitizes equipment and work surfaces between uses.
- Follows “clean as you go” policy to ensure a safe and clean work environment during the shift.
- Assists with daily and weekly salad station cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
Additional duties for Assistant Head Salad Maker:
- Ensures that other Salad Makers are following all safety policies and procedures in the production or all salads.
- Reviews daily salad menu items with other Salad Makers and monitors portion control in production.
- Reports unacceptable cleanliness and production processes to Head Salad Maker.
Additional duties for Head Salad Maker:
- Ensures that all Salad Makers including Assistant Head Salad Makers have recipes pulled and are referring to them for assistance.
- Coordinates and executes training for all new Salad Makers and reports to the General Manager concerning progress.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills are required to assist team members with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability are required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written recipes and instructions for food preparation and production.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide recipe portions to accommodate menu planning and production.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for team members.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds at waist level throughout an 8 – 12 hour shift
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds for distances of at least 10 feet.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items, holding containers and temperatures
- Exposure to steam from hot water under food pans
- Standing and continuously active for an 8 to 12 hours shift
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching for various food items and dishes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old