The Cashier receives payment from guests for meals and other items and provides the proper change when required. The Cashier also thanks guests for dining at Piccadilly, recommends the purchase of other items, and maintains the cashier station.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares cashier station for operation by verifying change fund, counts money in change box, places money in the correct position in cash drawer, and takes inventory of cashier station supplies.
- Greets guests with a friendly smile and greeting when approaching the cashier counter and inquires about the guests’ dining experiences. Maintains eye contact with guests when speaking or listening.
- Monitors the guest flow past the cashier counter. Verifies that the correct numbers of tickets are received from each guest or group of guests. Politely questions guests that walk past the cashier counter without a ticket.
- Reviews ticket total or calculates the total of several tickets. Informs guest of the total amount.
- Accepts payment and properly processes payment by making change or processing credit card purchases. Accepts and processes discounts accurately and promptly. Issues receipts at guest request. Follows all cash control policies and procedures.
- Suggests other items to be purchased such as gift cards, sundry items, and holiday specials.
- Welcomes and thanks guests for dining at Piccadilly with a friendly smile.
- Promptly notifies manager on any quality control issues, guest compliments or complaints.
- Sorts tickets by type (e.g. guest meal, add-on, send back, etc.) and totals tickets at closing. Accounts for the money received from guest tickets, sundry sales, credit cards, gift cards and cash pay outs. Correctly completes accounting form.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following proper food and workplace safety techniques. Maintains and cleans cashier station, monitors dining area for potential hazards to guests and notifies manager of broken or faulty equipment or other safety hazards.
- Assists with daily and weekly cashier stand cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Focuses on teamwork and cooperation with management and other team members. Participates in meetings and contributes to the overall success of the unit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent math skills required to count money, calculate accurate change, and to operate equipment.
- Able to use equipment such as a calculator or adding machine, computer with POSitouch system, and credit card processor.
- Able to use pen/pencil to complete necessary accounting forms and cash receipts.
- Good written and verbal communication and language skills required to read meal tickets, to communicate meal totals, and to answer questions from guests.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to guests’ requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to read meal tickets and to operate equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
Occasional exposure to some disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Sitting and/or standing continuously for up to four hours
- Exposure to changes in temperature in entrance area
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, bending, crouching, and reaching in order to receive meal tickets and to retrieve supplies from under the cashier counter
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old