The Chef contributes to the Piccadilly guest experience by executing all production standards and item recipes to exact standards. Consistently prepare and portion products to company standards. Properly use equipment to ensure portion controls, food quality and equipment longevity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily production list to determine which products must be prepared and portioned for service.
- Inventories cold box to ensure product available for daily menu; adjusts menu as necessary if product not available.
- Carries product from walk-in to work areas for preparation.
- Ensures specified weights and portions are used for all products and recipes.
- Initials, labels, dates and wraps/covers product for proper storage.
- Discards any food that has passed its shelf life to ensure guests receive only the freshest, highest quality product.
- Returns portions and/or remaining product to walk-in shelves for use by other team members.
- Communicates any discrepancies in product availability or production levels to chef and manager.
- Thoroughly cleans and sanitizes equipment and work surfaces between uses.
- Follows “clean as you go” policy to ensure a safe and clean work environment during the shift.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
Duties for Assistant Chef include:
- Reports to Chef as well as GM, AGM and AM.
- Assists Chef with menu planning and production schedules.
- Assists with daily production of menu items.
- Assists with daily/weekly cook area cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills are required to assist team members with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability are required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written recipes and instructions for food preparation and production.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide recipe portions to accommodate menu planning and production.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for team members.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds at waist level throughout an 8 – 12 hour shift.
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds for distances of at least 10 feet.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items, holding containers and temperatures
- Exposure to steam from hot water under food pans
- Standing and continuously active for an 8 to 12 hours shift
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching for various food items and dishes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old