The Cleaning/Dishroom Assistant properly washes and stores all dishes, trays, eating utensils, cups and small equipment for the restaurant. Maintains the dish room and dish machine in a sanitary and efficient manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens and baskets. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly removing any paper and hosing down interior.
- Checks machine to be sure it is operating correctly and reports any defects immediately to management.
- Properly washes and stores all dishes, trays, utensils, cups and small equipment for the department.
- Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperatures.
- Removes trash from dishroom and places in dumpster.
- Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
- Cleans dish room and maintains area including detergent storage area and belt line from the dining area.
- Keeps all lowerators clean, polished and neatly stored.
- Assists with daily and weekly dishroom cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required to assist team members with food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual and hearing ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written recipes and instructions for food preparation and production.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide recipe portions to accommodate menu planning and production.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds at waist level throughout an 8 – 12 hour shift
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds for distances of at least 10 feet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old