The Guest Assistant is assigned to a specific area of the service line (e.g. salads, entrees, vegetables, breads) and serves food in specified portions to restaurant guests. The Guest Assistant also maintains the serving line area by cleaning the counter, assisting with food transfers to the counter, and stocking the counter with serving dishes and utensils.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes guests with a friendly smile and greeting as they enter and progress through the serving line. Maintains eye contact with guests when speaking or listening to them.
- Serves all food items requested by guests using proper serving techniques and in the standard portion size. Understands the proper serving dish used for each food item. Knowledgeable about food item ingredients.
- Understands and communicates all Piccadilly Restaurants’ plate combinations and pricing structures. Offers suggestions on food choices and recommends additional items when appropriate.
- Listens attentively to guest requests and answers questions concerning basic food knowledge.
- Maintains proper food levels on serving counter, monitors food holding times and temperatures, and recommends food transfers when needed. Transfers food items and holding containers from kitchen area to serving counter.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following proper food and workplace safety and cleaning techniques. Cleans serving counter of all loose food items and spills, cleans debris and spills behind the serving counter, and notifies manager of broken or faulty equipment or other safety hazards.
- During opening shift, assists in preparing beverages, arranging food items on the serving counter, cleaning the guest side of the serving counter, and stocking serving dishes. During closing shift, assists in transferring food items off the serving counter, cleaning and polishing the serving counter and other equipment and stocking serving dishes.
- Focuses on teamwork and cooperation with management and other team members. Participates in meetings and contributes to the overall success of the unit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
Additional duties for Lead Guest Assistant:
- Monitors and ensures all cleanliness and safety regulations are being followed by other guest assistants.
- Encourages exceptional performance on the serving counter among other guest assistants.
- Trains new guest assistants on proper procedures in regards to portion sizes, pricing structures, guest service essentials, and other principal duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills required to assist guests with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items and holding containers
- Exposure to steam from hot water under food pans
- Standing continuously for up to four hours behind the service counter
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching for various food items and dishes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old