Checker/Cashier To Go
The Checker/Cashier uses the Point of Sale system in the To-Go Ship to itemize food purchases using plate combinations, issues tickets to guests, takes payment from guests for meals and other items, and provides the proper change when required. The Checker/Cashier maintains the checker/cashier station, thanks guests for dining at Piccadilly, and recommends the purchase of other items.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily menu items with cooks and managers.
- Prepares checker/cashier station for restaurant opening by checking equipment and supplies.
- Receives guest meal orders and serves in appropriate To-Go containers
- Anticipates guest’s arrival at the cashier station in order to maintain line speed. Accurately and quickly rings up items using the POSitouch computer system.
- Reviews ticket total or calculates the total of several tickets. Informs guest of the total amount.
- Accepts payment and properly processes payment by making change or processing credit card purchases. Accepts and processes discounts accurately and promptly. Issues receipts at guest request. Follows all cash control policies and procedures.
- Greets guests with a friendly smile and greeting when they arrive at the cashier station. Ensures that all food plated is recorded as a sale and meets quality standards. Immediately notifies manager on any quality control issues or guest compliments or complaints.
- Thanks guests for dining at Piccadilly with a friendly smile and farewell.
- Sorts tickets by type (e.g. guest meal, add-on, send back, etc.) and totals tickets at closing. Accounts for the money received from guest tickets, sundry sales, credit cards, gift cards and cash paid outs. Correctly completes accounting form.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following proper food and workplace safety techniques. Maintains and cleans checker station, monitors To-Go beverage station for potential hazards to guests and notifies manager of broken or faulty equipment or other safety hazards.
- Assists with daily and weekly To-Go Shop cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Focuses on teamwork and cooperation with management and other team members. Participates in meetings and contributes to the overall success of the unit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use equipment such as a calculator, a computer keyboard, and a touch screen.
- Good visual ability required to determine food choices and to verify proper food codes.
- Good verbal communication skills required to answer questions from guests.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to guests’ requests or questions.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
Frequent exposure to some disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Sitting and/or standing continuously for up to four hours
- Exposure to hot and cold food items
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, bending, crouching, and reaching in order to issue guests tickets, to price line items and menu boards, to assist with beverage stations, and to retrieve supplies from under the checker counter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Piccadilly Restaurants, LLC