Assistant Dining Room Manager
Assists the Dining Room Manager in the management of dining room service to ensure guest satisfaction. Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Assist in the supervising and training of the dining room staff. Develop and implement programs to increase revenues and quality of service as specified by the Dining Room Manager.
- Supervises dining room staff to help assure proper service; Supports service staff in whatever capacity necessary.
- Takes reservations, checks table reservation schedules and maintains reservations log.
- Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper attire and clean at all times.
- Assists in the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating of dining room staff.
- Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning food, beverages and service.
- Serves as a liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
- Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
- Assists in pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel; relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures; checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Confirms that all dining room closing procedures have been completed and assures that area is secure.
- May serve as opening and closing manager or manager on duty.
- Assures that local and state laws and policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic are being met.