Customer Focused Sales Associate
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Customer Focused Sales Associate.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Provide customers total solutions to their battery, bulb, and device repair problems in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
Essential Responsibilities (other duties as assigned)
Customer Service / Sales
* Present a friendly and welcome environment to all customers
* Make customers your highest priority in person, on the telephone and by email
* Exercise multiple sales techniques such as suggestive selling, upselling, etc. to maximize each customers satisfaction
* Function as a team player striving to learn, strengthening the team as a whole
* Accurately operate computer/cash register
* Install batteries, perform tests and advise customer as appropriate
* Achieve retail and commercial sales initiatives
Merchandising / Inventory
* Rotate and stock inventory
* Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of product to customers
* Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store appearance
* Maintain retail shelf label pricing
* Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and fixtures
* Follow all safety rules and regulations; wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* H.S. diploma/equivalent and 6 months prior work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior retail experience desired but not required
* Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company's electronic retail and cross reference system; capable of adapting learning to incorporate new technology
* Ability to make minor decisions and use some judgment within standardized procedures
* Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer focus; general knowledge of customer service policies/procedures
* Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to calculate simple math, percentages, ratios and algebraic expressions and read gauges
* Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience desired
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record preferred. Required for driving positions
The physical demands required to perform the essential responsibilities of this position are as follows. Reasonable accommodations, if necessary and/or as required by law, will be made available.
* This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and lift.
* The position also requires the employee to occasionally use electrical cables, simple hand tools, a magnifying glass, spot welders, automotive and electronic testing equipment, and a company automobile.
* While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee will occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock. The level of noise in the working environment is moderate.
* Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position includes safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and steel-toed shoes.