The Assistant Manager assists the manager in the daily operations of a convenience store. Fulfills the manager’s duties when the manager is absent as outlined in the Store Manager job description. They are responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall operation of a store including maximizing sales/profitability by developing staff, controlling expenses, shortages, and all aspects of merchandising and inventory control.
- Provide exceptional GUEST service. Being courteous, always greeting and thanking all customers.
- Be knowledgeable of, follows, interprets, and enforces company policy and procedures with employees.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store specials.
- Ensures proper sanitation and food handling/prep/storage/disposal procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of carwash, where applicable; keeping store outs to a minimum.
- Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed; transferring of product keeping store outs to a minimum.
- Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed.
- Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in the Safety Manual, and report any accidents or incidents to the manager immediately. Investigate and gather all pertinent information regarding customer and employee incidents/accidents.
- Pick up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as needed.
- Helps in the training of new employees.
- Works weekends and other shift work, but must be available to work any shift.
- Effectively managing foodservice and beverage programs to ensure maximization of sales and minimizing loss.
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Make safe drops as per company policies.
- Prepare and make daily deposits on the weekend, and when covering for the manager.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- May prepare the weekly orders for product from suppliers.
- Fueling customer cars, checking engine fluids, and washing customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other areas for handicapped customers)
- Must be available to respond to an emergency at any time when the Store Manager is unavailable.
- Operate cash register and other store equipment.
- Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Must be of legal age to sell alcohol.
- Must have 3-6 months Customer Service Representative experience, Assistant In Training experience, or equivalent experience and completion of prescribed company training programs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Read, speak, and write English clearly.
- Being self-motivated and having strong attention to detail are essential traits.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
- Environmental conditions include heat, cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Building Maintenance Jobs
- Convenience Store Jobs
- Commercial Driver Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Driver Jobs
- Facility Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Food Service Jobs