Front Desk Guest Services Representative
Must be able to work varying shift(s) per week and be available weekdays/weekends. Typical shifts are 6:30am to 1:30pm and 1pm to 7:30pm
- 2 years experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Background check required.
Wage: Based on Experience $10/hr + Medical for Full Time
This position requires constant interaction with customers involving administrative procedures such as enrollment, evaluation interpretation, scheduling, reservations and upselling of services.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Customer service skills - face-to-face, telephone and via email.
- High school degree or equivalent GED required.
- Must demonstrate a sincere concern for the care of animals and their relationships with their owners.
- Must be able to multi-task during high volume times and must be able to prioritize
- Must be personable, patient, ambitious and adaptable.
- Comfortable around dogs of all size and temperament.
- Must have lots of love to give.
- Work schedule includes weekends, nights and holidays.
- Professional appearance: clean attire, friendly, mature and professional demeanor
- PUNCTUALITY required.
- Above average PC and telephone skills
- Excellent communication skills with customers as well as fellow employees
- STRONG organizational skills
- Previous veterinary experience preferred (Will consider non vet experience for that exceptional resume.)
- Must be able to work not only week days but weekends (at least two weekend per month) on a rotating schedule.
- Fast learner with lots of initiative
- A dynamic, friendly, high energy and motivated individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome all customers and campers in a friendly and professional manner
- Assist customers with questions
- Regularly demonstrate sincere concern for the care, attitudes, and behaviors of pets and the relationships they have with their pet parents.
- Recognize and perform specific care needs as communicated by the pet guardian and in accordance with company policy and procedures, ensuring the safety of each pet. This includes taking and writing special requirements for fellow employees’ adherence and edification.
- Answer multi-line phone system and provide timely, accurate and appropriate service offerings.
- Invoice and collect payments
- Prepare and maintain customer records
- Knowledge to operate office equipment (copier, fax, printers, computers
- Prepare mail as needed - sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Accurate data entry checking in/out campers/updating records
- Politely and professionally respond in person and by telephone to inquiries regarding services and pricing based upon operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain consistent files for all approved clients to include enrollment documentation, evaluation results, visit schedule, vaccination proof, spay/neuter proof, and updated contact information. Ensure that non-approved dog files are maintained for six months.
- Update Vaccination Records Notify parents of deficiencies or expirations
- Check Web Cams to ensure operational
- Review and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Reservations for dogs who have applicable evaluations and/or day/overnight stays.
- Review vaccination expiration prior to confirming reservation.
- Annotate and fill-in medicals cards as appropriate and indicate number of pills in bottle by a numeric, circled entry next to medicine name. Annotate same in computer.
- Setting up check in /out paperwork for next day
- Following appropriate check-in procedures set forth by location policy/guidelines/Management.
- Opening/closing procedures for premises.
- Follow correct closing procedures, i.e. perimeter doors locked, pups watered, computer monitors, monitors, fireplace, lighting, etc. turned off, music on, alarm activated and front door locked.
- Ensure all pets belongings are returned to pet guardian at the end of each visit. This includes making sure that all pet belongings are cleaned (if needed) half day prior to pick-up
- Discuss behavior observations with pet parents at pick-up.
- Ensure facility cleanliness at all times.
- Provide additional assistance as directed by Management
- A formal quarterly performance counseling session will be conducted by management to review responsibilities and progress. Changes to these responsibilities will be reviewed and changed as appropriate that will be in a signed agreement of both parties if appropriate.
- Follow appropriate steps to meet different requirements and levels of the business Certified Education Program
- Wear appropriate uniform/attire. This includes closed toe shoes, pants, name tag, provided shirts and apron. Apron contents include (but not limited to) pen, highlighter, note pad, permanent marker and two loop leashes.
- Treat others property with respect including items placed in common areas. Place name and dates on personal belongs and food items placed in common areas.
- When cleaning facility, clean up after yourself. This includes items at front counter, in operational rooms, play areas, bathrooms and break rooms.
- Your responsibilities will not only include those specifically listed above but also those that follow common sense, industry best-practices and standards, pet, safety, implied and/or otherwise not specified in writing
Camp Bow Wow San Antonio