Must be able to work varying shift(s) per week and be available.
- 2 years management experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Background check required.
The Assistant Camp Manager will ensure the safety and security of pets, customers, associates and other visitors and ensures the proper care of all campers. Heavy computers, phones, customer and camper (pet) contact daily. Must be able to work flexible schedule - Camps are open 7 days/week, so weekends and holidays are required but time off is permitted with advance notice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and welcome all customers and campers in a friendly and professional manner, assuring all Camp Counselors deliver outstanding customer service.
- Politely and professionally respond in person and by telephone to inquiries regarding services and pricing based upon CBW SA’s operational guidelines.
- Addressing customer complaints and resolving problems and asking for advice when needed.
- Direct supervision of all hourly staff including: hiring, training, performance evaluations, and scheduling.
- Conduct dog-screening interviews and provide enrollment packet to customers for completion. Communicate screening interview results based upon established and understood guidelines. Assist all Camp Counselors with meeting these same requirements.
- Create and maintain consistent files for all approved dogs to include enrollment documentation, evaluation results, visit schedule, vaccination proof, spay/neuter proof, and updated contact information. Ensure that non-approved dog files are maintained for six months.
- Schedule dogs for applicable evaluations and/or day and overnight camping appointments.
- Prepare next day Camper paperwork and prepare special notices (i.e. color-coded sheets for meds or other special needs)
- Ensures Daily Shift Checklists and Schedules are followed by all staff. Help facilitate work and time off scheduling of all Counselors.
- Oversee facility upkeep/operations: to include daily auto-scrubbing floors, sweeping & mopping, cabin deep-cleansing, spraying play yards, gravel spreading, slat cleansing, trash removal, miscellaneous cleansing, etc.
- Assist with meeting Camp’s sales objectives and company goals.
- Completing daily reports including cash management procedures and bank deposits.
- Opening and closing the facility.
- Overseeing and assisting with pet care.
- Community outreach and fundraising events.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and completion of an individual training program for each Camp Counselor. This includes additional training when needed by Counselor.
- Assist with coordination and input of quarterly Counselor evaluations.
- Additional general duties and project work as needed.
- Promote sales in the form of group/bulk service packages, retail, food (loyalty), baths/grooming, next reservations, etc.
- Keep track of existing supplies and retail inventory, request additional needs when appropriate.
- Keep a pulse on the Counselors which includes morale, attitude and ways to improve the overall CBW atmosphere.
- Keep track of specific and individual details regarding Campers, their parents, specific details of incidents, etc. so that appropriate actions, measures and responses can be completed to include employee counseling.
Camp Bow Wow San Antonio