Maintenance at Marriott Hotel
We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Maintenance at Marriott Hotel.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Valid Driver’s License
The General Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the general appearance of building(s) and grounds in accordance of the Repair and Maintenance manual and inspection requirements. This position is critical to ensure that the quality of service for guests is in accordance with brand standards and Hassle Free Guarantee, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining the General and Preventative Maintenance programs, as well as the safety and security of the hotel.
- Maintain positive guest interactions and provide special services for guests upon request
- Maintain inn landscaping, parking lot, grounds and appearance of building(s) exterior
- Pick up litter on parking lot, sidewalks and grounds; check/clean gravel areas; clear sidewalks (i.e. shovel snow, etc)
- Maintain safety and security, key and lock procedures
- Wash windows, ceilings and pool (if applicable)
- Clean and replace vanity/bathroom lights
- Assist housekeeping GSRs to maintain guest rooms
- Assist Skilled Maintenance GSR on work projects as necessary
- Pick up materials needed to complete assigned work projects; keep maintenance room/area in clean, organized and safe condition
- Cross train in other departments (housekeeping, laundry, front desk, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years in a customer service or maintenance position required
- Knowledge of general hand tools/equipment, lawnmower and landscaping tools/equipment strongly preferred
- Basic English communication (verbal and written) and reading skills required
- Some administrative duties required (timekeeping system, rooms' cleaned reports, etc.)
- Must maintain professional appearance in Mariott Hotel provided uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with minimal supervision
- May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays