Job Summary: Manages all functions of a Jimmy John’s restaurant to ensure customer service and high quality products are provided and delivery restaurant profitability.
Responsible for the successful execution of fast, accurate, sandwiches and world-class customer service while maintaining a clean, organized shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all duties of Inshoppers and drivers.
• Manages a staff of approximately 3 to 50 employees. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees based on performance.
• Provides on-the-job training for new employees.
• Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning, and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
• Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales, and service of food.
• Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed per shift.
• Supervises food preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists inshoppers during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of restaurant efficiency.
• Assists inshoppers in greeting customers, taking orders, using the cash register, assembling order and checking for completeness and correctness.
• Ensure that every customer receives world-class customer service.
• Route deliveries and serve drivers to maximize delivery business and speed.
• Completes daily food preparation (opening procedures, meat and vegetable slicing, bread production).
• Completes Closing Procedures.
• Executes systems and procedures with 100% integrity and completeness.
• Completes daily and weekly paperwork.
• Responsible for 100% of the cash drawers at all times during the shift.
• Receives and stores product.
• Audits previous shift’s systems and procedures for 100% integrity and completeness.
• Completes preventive maintenance and upkeep on store’s equipment and supplies.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to read and write and communicate in English.
• Position requires bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, repetitive motions, cognitive skills, standing and moving about the unit the entire workday.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance, and a clean driving record.
• Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50-60 hours a week.
• Willing to work overtime, holidays, weekends as business dictates.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle and resolve customer threats and issues.
• Ability to handle and resolve employee issues.
• Skills to use a personal computer and various software packages (Word/Excel).
• Ability to handle stress and high-volume operations.