The Team Lead I works closely with the management team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the restaurant and observes the highest legal, moral, and ethical standards at all times. Primary responsibility includes but is not limited to assisting management with the training and running of efficient shifts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow Piccadilly Code of Business Conduct in all business practices and decisions
- Maintain a high standard of productivity in primary function designated during assigned shift; i.e. guest assistance, cashier, cook, etc.
- Maintain restaurant organization and assist management team with planning initiatives
- Read, understand and apply Human Resources Policies & Procedures
- Assist and/or coordinate team member training
- Participate in and contribute to management and team member meetings
Sales & Strategy
- Read and understand requirements of marketing promotions and work with team members to implement procedures
- Develop a high level of guest service and satisfaction with team members through training and leading by example
- Read, understand and apply Operations Policies & Procedures
- Ensure recipe compliance of all food items; ensure the highest level food quality by conducting temperature and taste checks
- May assist with completing food and supply inventory as scheduled
- Notify General Manager if any equipment requires repair
- Develop a general understanding of the components of food cost; work with management team to make necessary corrections to bring food cost in line with budget
- Develop a general understanding of the components of labor cost; work with management team to make necessary corrections to bring labor cost in line with budget
Safety & Sanitation
- Read, understand and apply Risk Management Policies & Procedures
- Understand all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning responsibilities for each area of the restaurant; work with team members to complete requirements
- Pass ServSafe Food Protection Manager exam within first year of position; maintain a extraordinary level of food safety in the restaurant by following all federal, state, local and Piccadilly food safety requirements, and maintaining food safety logs
- Provide a safe and secure environment for guests and team members
- Understand and implement all positions of the restaurant for Loss Control purposes
- Participates in monthly safety meetings with team members; assists in training team members on general and specific safety and security issues
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education or GED preferred
- 13-24 months of previous restaurant experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of math
- Basic use of computers
- Strong guest service focus
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills required to assist guests with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to serve food items to the proper proportion and on the correct serving dishes.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pound bags.
- Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
- May have to work in extremely warm and humid environmental conditions.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items and holding containers
- Exposure to steam from hot water under food pans
- Standing continuously for up to four hours behind the service counter
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching for various food items and dishes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old