Food & Beverage Server
- Greet, seat, and engage customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Professionally serve hotel and transient restaurant guests, providing a warm and memorable experience.
- Assist guests by bussing tables, delivering meals, and maintaining the breakfast buffet area.
- Suggestive selling of wine, cappuccinos, and other complementary menu items to guests.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic, non-alcoholic, and coffee barista coffee drinks to guests according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently, adhering to Brand Standards.
- Check customer's' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and professional service; keeping the entrance, buffet, restaurant, bar, and kitchen areas clean and well organized.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning. Some ware-washing may be required
- Open/Close and stock liquor, bar, and coffee products
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times
- Operate cash register and credit card terminal to collect proper payments.
- Knowledge and operation of the hotel P.O.S. computer system.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant terminology
- Complete knowledge of various hotel menu offerings.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Attends scheduled training sessions within the hotel as dictated by the Hilton brand and the hotel management.
- Ensures adherence to procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures as established.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Must be able to legally serve and pour alcohol in the State of New York
- Must be willing to work a variety of AM/PM/overnight, weekend and holiday shifts
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing. Bilingual a plus.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
- Able be able to be on your feet/stand/move for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills, listening and communication skills, and an energetic personality.
- Meet/exceed customer and team expectations; a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to accurately complete departmental paper work, such as daily or end of shift reports.
- Cash handling experience strongly desired.
- Able to lift, pull, or carry items weighing approximately 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 or more years Restaurant Experience
Certification: ServSafe and TIPS preferred, but not required
Cambria Suites White Plains - Downtown
Browse similar jobs
- Bilingual Jobs
- Busser Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Breakfast Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Make Drinks Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Restaurant Operations Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Coffee Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs