HOURS OF OPERATION: 5:00am- 8:00pm
- Discounted Meals
- Paid Parking
- Employer-Paid Airport Badging
- Airport Discounts
- Participation in Annual Bonus*
JOB PURPOSE: The cashier is the initial contact between the customer and the food establishment. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving customer complaints, and addressing any questions or comments from the customer. In addition, the cashier takes the customer’s order, assembles the orders, and manages the cash register. Responsible for handling food according to Mecklenburg County Health Department Food and Beverage Guidelines and Standards for quality food-service operations. Maintain cleanliness in food service areas and throughout the food establishment. Ensures that all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and a positive restaurant/brand experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle cash and credit card transactions
- Manage a register in accordance with POS guidelines
- Recommend additional and/or alternative purchase choices
- Replenish inventory and stock
- Develop strong customer relationships
- Effectively communicate with customers, team, and managers
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete a shift without restraint, including but not limited to, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 60lbs.
- Flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Meet and exceed personal and team sales goals
- Adhering to all company and health department food safety procedures
- Assisting with product preparation and assemble of orders
- Completing all store and position area cleaning tasks assigned
- Preparing and serving food with the speed of service required based on the sales trends and being trained between front and back of the house
- Working knowledge of local vendors/partners
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Uphold brand and operational standards
- Assist supervisors to identify and resolve issues within the store
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales and controllable expense goals
REQUIRMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years of cashier experience
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and product documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Knowledge of basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use calculator. Must be able to complete monetary transactions (with or without the POS System)
- Proven ability to develop relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to positively and pro-actively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment.
- Maintain a flexible schedule based on business needs, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 60lbs, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Ability to constantly move, talk, hear, reach, and stand. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
About SB&J Enterprises Inc.
SB&J Enterprises’ mission is to exceed the expectations of our guests, partners, affiliates and ourselves by passionately delivering quality product and exceptional service in an inviting environment, while strengthening the relationships and economy of our local communities.
SB&J Enterprises, Incorporated, a local leader in the airport concession industry, is a family-owned, minority business, operating in Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. For more than 30 years, SB&J Enterprises, has committed to providing both business and personal travelers, with quality products and outstanding service in a family-friendly environment.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old