Part-Time Crew Members (Cooks and Cashiers)
HOURS OF OPERATION: 5:00am- 10:00pm
We are looking for crew members who can work the morning/breakfast shift
- Discounted Meals
- Paid Parking
- Employer-Paid Airport Badging
- Airport Discounts
- Participation in Annual Bonus*
JOB PURPOSE: (COOK) Among the key responsibilities of Wendy’s cook is to clean and prepare the work area, clean the cooking surfaces and utensils, and make sure that the supply inventory is well stocked. It is also under their responsibility to cook batches of pre-ordered food including hamburgers, fried chicken, etc. and make sure that it is kept warm until sold. Cooks are also expected to maintain the cleanliness at his or her workstation at all times and implement health and food safety standards to maintain a hundred percent customer satisfaction. They will also need to verify that the prepared orders meet the company’s standard for food quality and quantity.
JOB PURPOSE: (CASHIER) As a cashier at Wendy’s, you will be expected to have proficiency in customer service and mathematics. Not only will you be taking orders from customers but will also need to answer customers’ queries and provide information with regards to the food products sold at the store. You will also have to compute and record transactions at your POS terminal and count the money that went in your cash drawer. Other key responsibilities include issuing receipts, replacing orders, and maintaining the cleanliness of your workstation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cook and package batches of food which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold. Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously, while in a fast-pace environment.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Recommend cost-saving cooking techniques or processes
- Handle cash and credit card transactions (cashier)
- Manage a register in accordance with POS guidelines (cashier)
- Recommend additional and/or alternative purchase choices (cashier)
- Replenish inventory and stock
- Develop strong internal customer relationships
- Effectively communicate with team and managers
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to complete a shift without restraint, including but not limited to, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 60lbs.
- Flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Meet and exceed personal and team sales goals
- Adhering to all company and health department food safety procedures
- Assisting with product preparation and assemble of orders
- Completing all store and position area cleaning tasks assigned
- Being cross trained for both the front and back of the house
- Working knowledge of local vendors/partners
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Uphold brand and operational standards
- Assist supervisors to identify and resolve issues within the store
- Notify shift lead in advance of likely shortages
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales and controllable expense goals
REQUIRMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1 year of cook or cashier experience required
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and product documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Knowledge of basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use calculator. Must be able to complete monetary transactions (with or without the POS System)
- Proven ability to develop relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to positively and pro-actively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain a flexible schedule based on business needs, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 60lbs, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Ability to constantly move, talk, hear, reach, and stand. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
About SB&J Enterprises Inc.
SB&J Enterprises’ mission is to exceed the expectations of our guests, partners, affiliates and ourselves by passionately delivering quality product and exceptional service in an inviting environment, while strengthening the relationships and economy of our local communities.
SB&J Enterprises, Incorporated, a local leader in the airport concession industry, is a family-owned, minority business, operating in Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. For more than 30 years, SB&J Enterprises, has committed to providing both business and personal travelers, with quality products and outstanding service in a family-friendly environment.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old