Kitchen Full-time and Part-time positionWe have a full-time/part-time opening for a Kitchen Full-time and Part-time position.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
J28 sandwich bar
Kitchen full time position
J28 sandwich bar is a Peruvian restaurant concept in USA, We are not a traditional Peruvian restaurant neither a traditional fast-food joint, we specialize in sandwiches and speciality dishes, we bake our own bread and make everything from scratch every day, our restaurant is a fast-paced, cool and exciting environment. We welcome you to submit your application for consideration.
What you will be doing (through all the day, including but not limited to):
- You will be trained and required to work mainly in the kitchen but you will also help in front of the house as needed.
- In the kitchen you will be executing menu items as instructed from start to finish, washing ingredients, preparation of ingredients, cutting vegetables and proteins, cooking, baking, cleaning and washing cookware and utensils.
- At the front of the house: assembling sandwiches, serving delicious food, having friendly interaction with Customers directly, you may be doing cashier duties also.
- Follow instructions, policies, procedures and check lists accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Clean kitchen, service, seating and restroom areas, throwing away garbage.
- From time to time to promote our business by participating and helping in outside food events.
What's in it for you?
J28 sandwich bar features a delicious Peruvian inspired evolving menu, we offer competitive pay, we encourage our employees to grow and learn, this could be the opportunity to develop into higher positions in our company as we grow as a business.
Experience is not required, we will train you in everything you need to do, if you do have some experience in kitchens and/or front of the house please add it in to your resume. Most important things we value are:
Willingness to learn and execute new things all the time.
What you need to be considered:
1 You need to speak English fluently, and be willing to learn some Spanish words.
2 You need to be able to stand on your feet while clocked in, except on breaks.
3 You need to be able to shut off your cell phone, personal devices while clocked in, except on breaks.
4 As a company policy we don’t hire smokers at the moment.
5 You should be able to lift heavy containers like pot/pans at least 30 pounds.
6 You may need to walk 2 blocks to throw out garbage.
7 We will be checking police/conviction/felony records and also your references.
8 You are required to obtain a drug and alcohol test at your expense, if hired company will reimburse such expense.
9 You need to be at least 17, have a high school diploma, have a SSN and be able to legally work in USA.
10 You need to be able to work 40 hours per week, have a flexible schedule and work weekends.
11 Communication, speak clearly, listen to others, teamwork and excellent customer service are skills we constantly are trying to improve at J28 sandwich bar, you need to have the ability to sharpen these skills constantly.