Part-time Barbacks/Bussers/Server Assistants
HOURS OF OPERATION: 5:00am- 8:00pm
- Discounted Meals
- Paid Parking
- Employer-Paid Airport Badging
- Airport Discounts
- Participation in Annual Bonus*
JOB PURPOSE: Assists bartenders and servers in their daily duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Replenishing inventory, including but not limited to alcohol, mixers, juices, and sodas
- Replenishing paper products
- Washing and stacking all glassware correctly
- Slicing, peeling, and preparing all garnishes for drinks
- Clearing down tables in the bar area and ensuring tables are reset as required
- Receiving and serving food orders to guest(s) at the bar
- Cleaning off all plate and glassware items that have been left
- Re-setting the tables to store standards
- Ensuring the floor and surrounding areas around tables and chairs are clean of debris
- Respond promptly to requests from customers in a polite and professional fashion
- Arrange glasses and bottles into attractive and functional displays
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Monitor and restock bar inventory
- Complete all daily cleaning duties, including cleaning and maintaining all bar equipment
- Effectively communicate with customers, team, and managers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Execute and enforce all state liquor laws & company policies in regards to alcohol
- Flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Adhering to all company and health department food safety procedures
- Positive attitude towards fellow employees and guests of the bar/restaurant
REQUIRMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and product documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Knowledge of basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use calculator.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to positively and pro-actively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain a flexible schedule based on business needs, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 60lbs, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Ability to constantly move, talk, hear, reach, and stand. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
About SB&J Enterprises Inc.
SB&J Enterprises’ mission is to exceed the expectations of our guests, partners, affiliates and ourselves by passionately delivering quality product and exceptional service in an inviting environment, while strengthening the relationships and economy of our local communities.
SB&J Enterprises, Incorporated, a local leader in the airport concession industry, is a family-owned, minority business, operating in Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. For more than 30 years, SB&J Enterprises, has committed to providing both business and personal travelers, with quality products and outstanding service in a family-friendly environment.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old